Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mascara review- Benefit's they're Real

As promised, here is my review of Benefit Cosmetic's they're Real! mascara.

In our first photo, here are my eyes devoid of all make-up. Notice my lashes are of okay length but have no curl or lift to speak of. (I should have taken one with my eyes open and no mascara. Oh well. Live and learn.) Notice also that my lashes are fairly light naturally.

Above are my lashes with one coat of they're Real. You can definitely see a difference in length and curl, even with my eyes closed.

I did not use a lash curler. As I mentioned previously, I hate them. This mascara gave me nice, subtle curl.

The one thing I really don't like about Benefit mascaras is how long they stay wet after applying. I got mascara all over my lids and I hate that. If my eyes were already made up with shadows I would have been seriously annoyed - and that has been my experience with Benefit mascaras in the past (and the major reason I don't buy them).

they're Real! fulfills the promise of length and curl, but I just can't get past the icky wetness factor. The price point for this mascara is $22. It's $8 cheaper than Chanel Inimitable, but as far as I am concerned the Chanel product is 100% worth it.

No comments: